Flower

Flower

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Today

Last night I was still struggling with my yes.  In spite of all the positive messages that I received from my Emmaus sisters, I still had my doubts. But I plunged forward, I created the blog, I posted the first meditation and I went to sleep. This morning I went to my weekly Bible class and God confirmed His message loud and clear.  Listen to the song that was played in Bible class today:







There is no going back. Today I choose to give my YES to God.  Today I choose to be obedient to Him.  He is calling me to bring His message of truth to others and even though I don't feel qualified, He will give me the grace and the ability to share what He wants others to hear.  All He is asking of me is to be faithful.  And I know that with Him and with the power of the Holy Spirit, I can do it.

How about you?  Are you also struggling with your YES?  Jesus is asking you to be obedient to His calling. In the words of St. Thomas Aquinas, "If obedience is lacking, even prayer cannot be pleasing to God."  Jesus is challenging you to serve the Lord.  And He wants your response TODAY.  We don't know if we have tomorrow. If we are going to serve Him, we must decide TODAY.  Our hearts will resist and we will come up with excuses (later, tomorrow...) but Jesus is calling us NOW.

"We think we are free and truly ourselves only if we follow our own will.  God appears as the opposite of our freedom... When human beings set themselves against God, they set themselves against the truth of their own being and consequently do not become free, but alienated from themselves. We are free only if we stand in the truth of our being, if we are united to God. Then we become truly 'like God'--not by resisting God, eliminating Him or denying Him." Pope Benedict XVI, "Mass of the Lord Supper," Basilica of St. John Lateran, April 5, 2012

Seek the Lord today.  Listen to His calling.  And give Him your response TODAY.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on you blog. Enjoy your journey as I will enjoy reading your messages. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete