Flower

Flower

Friday, September 11, 2015

May We Never Forget

As I fly to New York today on 9/11, I remember all those persons that fourteen years ago boarded planes without imagining that it would be their last time. And I also remember all those that went to work thinking that it would just be another regular day at the office. I pray for all those families that are still mourning the loss of the loved one they lost on that day. 

My friend Maria said, "you are courageous,"when I told her on what day I was flying to New York. But I don't think it's about courage. I think it's about not allowing evil to win. If we stop flying on 9/11, if we stop doing the normal things we always do, if we live in fear, then we have allowed evil to win. And I am happy to report that it takes more than fear and threats to break the American spirit. The airport is packed. My flight to New York is full to capacity. And yes, security was tighter than it usually is, they even had checkpoints as we drove into the airport, but that is a good thing and I feel very safe flying today.

I keep hearing everywhere: "We are living scary times. The world is not what it used to be..." But isn't it? If we really take a look at any history book or the Bible, we can see that any period in time has had its own sets of challenges. In the first century Christians were persecuted and killed through crucifixion. Many have been martyred for their faith in all the centuries. During the Middle Ages, Christians were accused of heresy and they were persecuted by other Christian groups. There have been wars, plagues, and all kinds of calamities during every period. So why not now? We are no more special than our ancestors. This is the time that we live in and it's up to us to make the best of it.

Evil and good have held hands in our world forever. But it's up to each one of us not to allow evil to win. If we combat every evil act with love and kindness, we have conquered. If we don't allow fear to control us, we can claim the victory. The Good News is that Jesus has already claimed that victory for us. He has beat the evil one and so can we.

So today, I also pray for all those that in the name of a god carry so much hatred in their hearts. May our God which is a God of love open their eyes to see the truth. And may God protect us as we try to spread His message of love throughout the world. If we do this, then all those that died fourteen years ago did not die in vain. May we never forget them. And may we always live in peace with one another because after all we are the United States of America. 

May God bless our country!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment