Flower

Flower

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Afterthoughts

“He is not here; He has risen.” Luke 24:6

Easter Season-Monday, April 13, 2009


I want to thank each and every one of you for taking this journey with me. I hope it meant as much to you as it did to me. It was truly an amazing journey. I had never experienced Lent or Easter the way I did this year.

Don’t forget that Easter does not end today, it begins. The Easter Season is 50 days long. It starts today and it will conclude with the feast of Pentecost, the coming of the Holy Spirit. During these 50 days we will continue to feel and listen to Jesus: when He first appears to the apostles in the locked room, when He appears to Thomas, on the road to Emmaus, in the breaking of the bread…

This is a time of joy, a time of celebration because Jesus Christ is risen again. We need to go out into the world and celebrate. Spring is here, the flowers are singing, all the earth rejoices. It’s a time of beautiful celebrations: Mother’s Day, First Communions, graduations… It’s a time to celebrate life with family and friends.

Jesus wants us to live life and enjoy our time here on earth. He does not want our lives to be filled with fear, despair or hopelessness. He overcame death so that we could live lives full of meaning, purpose, love and hope. Yes, there will be bumps in the road, yes there will be unexpected detours through the struggles we encounter every day, but we need to embrace life so that every day is a fresh start. The Resurrection is something we can experience every day. We need to cling to Jesus every day. It’s our choice: the road that will eventually lead us to Him or the easy road of temporary pleasures.

I know I will probably experience draws because from now on I must continue my walk on my own. I have my journal as my companion and I will continue to pray on a daily basis. I encourage you to do the same. Pray every day, it’s the easiest way to stay on the path with Jesus.

Once again thank you for being my companions during the last 48 days and I will keep you in my prayers as you continue this journey with Jesus. May the resurrected Lord and his Spirit remain with you always.


Easter Season-Monday, April 2, 2018

I love Easter, and every year, I make sure that it’s truly special. But nothing in my entire life can compare to my Easter celebration this year. I could not have asked for a better Easter gift. We celebrated the Easter Eucharist at the Church of the Transfiguration. How truly special that was. To be present in the same place where Jesus was transfigured and where the apostles that were with Him received the confirmation without any doubt that Jesus was indeed the Son of God.

We then went to Nazareth. We visited the Church of the Annunciation. We stood at the spot where the Angel Gabriel announced to Mama Mary that she was full of grace, and that she had been chosen by God to become the Mother of His Son. And Mary trusted God and without fear, she answered “YES.”

God is asking the same from each one of us. He is asking us to place our trust in Him. He is asking us to push our fears aside and follow Jesus. At Mount Tabor, where the Transfiguration took place, Father Willie said these words that have stayed with me: “Fear keeps us from fulfilling God’s plan for us.” We need to trust God like Mary did in order to allow God to lead us down the path that He has prepared for us.

Easter did not end yesterday. Jesus Christ is risen!!! And He walks with us wherever we go.

Happy Easter Season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment