Flower

Flower

Thursday, February 27, 2020

A Lenten Journey with Mary: From Bethlehem to Jerusalem-Day 3

“And you, Bethlehem, land of Judah,
Are by no means least among the leaders of Judah;
For out of you shall come forth a Ruler
Who will shepherd My people Israel.” Matthew 2:6


Writing on my journal has been very difficult inside the cave because of the lack of light. During the day, I have no time. My days are filled with taking care of Jesus. I don’t want to waste a single minute that He’s awake doing anything other than attend to Him. I spend at least thirty minutes feeding Him. He sleeps about two hours between feedings. But that time just slips away from me between keeping the cave clean, preparing our meager meals and talking to Joseph about our future.

The shepherds have found us a family that is willing to give us shelter until we are ready to return to Nazareth. Apparently, it’s a young couple who also has a newborn baby, about a week older than Jesus. Tomorrow, Joseph is going to go visit them. After he meets them, we will decide whether it’s a good idea to move in with them.

Joseph has been so accommodating with me. He knows how much I enjoy writing on my journal, therefore, he brought me some parchments and charcoal ink so I could continue writing our experiences.

Tonight, our cave is full of light. There is a bright star that has positioned itself directly above the cave, and its light filters in through the holes on the roof. I have never seen such a bright star before.

I hear a big commotion outside. It must be the shepherds that have come to visit us again. I guess my writing must wait until tomorrow.

Good night my sweet Child.

Reflection:
Imagine Mary’s interaction with the shepherds during her days in the cave where she gave birth to Baby Jesus. How do you think this event affected Mary?

Copyright © 2020 Christy Romero. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. We can identify so well with Mary the mother❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary is only human, she doesn't know the future. She is living one expectant moment at a time, like us, except for her trust and her constant Fiat.

    ReplyDelete