Flower

Flower

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Lenten Journey Invitation

“Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me."
                                                                                                           Mark 8:34

In less than a week, we will begin the 40 days of Lent.  I have been meditating about what I should do for Lent, other than the usual alms giving and sacrifice.  I have been praying about it and what I keep hearing in my heart is to meditate on different characters of the Bible.

I have come up with a list of about 40 Bible characters that could be part of our Lenten journey.  However, I can't promise that I will be able to post a daily meditation.  My regular profession is accounting and I'm in the middle of tax season, so I'm extremely busy.  But I will try to post as often as I'm able to.  Therefore, at this point, I don't know which characters will make the cut.  I will leave that in the hands of the Holy Spirit.

Some of the characters in my list are very well known (John the Baptist, Thomas the Apostle, Mary Magdalene...) but there are others that are not as popular.  The first character that will join our journey falls in this category.  His name is Gideon and I met him this week. I hope that you will enjoy reading and learning about him as much as I have.

Please feel free to invite your friends and family to join us in this journey.  You may share it on your Facebook pages or forward the emails you receive (if you sign up to receive the meditations by email).  I certainly don't want to carry this cross alone so I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.

Your sister in Christ,
Christy Romero  

No comments:

Post a Comment