Flower

Flower

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Letters to Heaven during the Easter Season: Send Forth Your Spirit

"The works of God are all of them good; in its own time every need is supplied." Sirach 39:16

May 14, 2011

Dear Jesus:

Here I am keeping You company in the Emmaus chapel. I want to pray for the team. May they be united as one with You to be able to spread your word to all the women that have chosen to spend this weekend with You. Send the Holy Spirit to them so they can be open to spreading your message. I also want to pray for this group of new Emmaus sisters. May they open up their hearts so they can recognize You in the breaking of the bread.

I just finished reading Sirach 38-40. Many verses call my attention but one that stood right out and screamed at me was 38:28. "His care is to finish his work, and he keeps watch till he perfects it in detail."

Jesus, I feel like You are telling me to finish my work. I feel like You are giving me your blessing, the green light to proceed. I also remember something that Father Willie told me in the Spiritual Exercises and that I read recently in a book. Pick a path and if it brings you happiness and peace, you are on the right road, but if it doesn't, then you need to try the other path. "If it pleases the Lord Almighty, he will be filled with the spirit of understanding." Sirach 39:6

Thank You for helping me to understand what it is that You want from me and for confirming it. And now, please send forth your Spirit so I can finish your work and perfect it to the last minute detail.

I love You, Jesus!!!


May 28, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Today we are celebrating your Ascension to Heaven. And in one week, we will conclude this Easter Season with the feast of Pentecost. Of the three persons of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit is the one that I feel the least close to. I do pray to the Holy Spirit for inspiration and understanding, but I feel that it has many layers that I'm yet to uncover. And I'm excited to discover all of its mysteries.

I receive a daily reflection from Bishop Robert Barron, and earlier this week, he was talking about the Holy Spirit: "Jesus promises to send us the Holy Spirit, (but) we can only get it by asking for it... The Father would never refuse someone who asked for the Holy Spirit. So ask... In the Hail Mary, we say, 'Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.' What are we asking her to pray for, but the Holy Spirit!"

So today, Jesus, I ask you to send me the Holy Spirit, and to enrich me with the gifts of the Spirit. And through the intercession of our Blessed Mama Mary, I pray:

"Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth. 

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ, Our Lord, Amen."

I love You, Jesus!!! Send forth your Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment