Flower

Flower

Friday, November 3, 2017

Letters to Heaven: We Need a Miracle

"The Creator of the universe awaits the prayer of one poor little person to save a multitude of others, redeemed like her at the price of His Blood." — St. Therese of Lisieux

November 3, 2008

Dear Jesus:

I have been reading the scriptures every night with Rafe, and we discuss them in the morning when we walk. You would think that this should bring me joy, and yet, I feel desolation in my heart. Why? I don't know. I can't put my finger on it.

It may be the somber mood of the nation with the upcoming elections. I'm being bombarded daily with a bunch of emails about the culture of death, and all these negative feelings about the state of the economy. I guess all this puts me in a very desolate mood.

Jesus, please, help our nation. The people are desperate because the economy is in bad shape, but honestly, are we truly that bad? How about India, Darfur, Cuba, Haiti, and all the third world countries? We are just a very ungrateful society. We are never satisfied with what we have. We have turned into a greedy bunch of human beings. We are spoiled, ungrateful, and self-centered.

Please, Jesus, put your hand on this election because we need a miracle.

I love You, Jesus!!!



November 3, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Today, I have also been feeling a bit of desolation, and just like nine years ago, I'm not sure why. There is no reason for me to feel this way. Everyone in my family is in a good place right now. I have a lot to be thankful for. And yet, my heart feels sad.

In Bible class, our topic this week was our Lady of Lourdes. I learned things that I did not know. I had never heard France being referred to as the "Eldest Daughter of the Church" because "few countries have set more jewels in the Church's crown than France." France was a land made holy by all its saints: St. Joan of Arc, St. Vincent de Paul, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, St. Francis de Sales, St. Louis de Montfort, St. Catherine Laboure, St. John Vianney, King Louis IX, St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Bernadette Soubirous...

Our Lady came down from heaven at a time when France's Church was fiercely attacked by evil forces that threatened to tear it apart. Both the French Revolution and the Enlightenment savagely assaulted the Church. At the end of the 18th century, hundreds of priests and nuns were executed. There was a movement known as the dechristianization of France. At the heart of the Enlightenment was an attitude of "we must be able to understand it or it's not true." Mankind didn't need You, God. France, the eldest daughter of the Church, violently attacked those who professed their love of You, Christ.

Jesus, I think that my heart today is sad because I see so many similarities with what is happening in our world today. Society, in general, is turning its back on You, and as John Paul II said: "The presence of Satan becomes all the more acute when man and society depart from God." We are seeing the presence of the evil one all around us. All the terrorist attacks that are happening around the world have the signature of the evil one imprinted in each act. The universities remind me of the Enlightenment. They are teaching the new generations to question whether You truly exist. "If they cannot understand You then You must not be true." I see kids that have been brought up in Christian homes and schools, turning their back on You during their college years. I have hope that the seeds planted in their formative years will eventually bear fruit, and that they will return to You. I pray incessantly for this miracle.

Jesus, I am truly worried. I know that the Church will survive, just like it has overcome all the attacks it has endured through the centuries. But I think that You need to intervene. Maybe it's time for Our Lady to come down from heaven and pay us another visit in a supernatural way, just like she did in Mexico, in France, and in Portugal. Hopefully, the world will listen and return to You.

Please, Jesus, put your hand on your world because we need a miracle.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment