Flower

Flower

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Advent: Heaven Gained an Angel

"Ever felt an angel’s breath in the gentle breeze? A teardrop in the falling rain? Hear a whisper amongst the rustle of leaves? Or been kissed by a lone snowflake? Nature is an angel’s favorite hiding place." ~ Carrie Latet

December 13, 2011

Dear Mama Mary:

Yesterday was the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, but today is also your day. Most of your apparitions take place on the thirteenth of any month. Mama Mary, on this special day, the thirteenth of December, I want to pray for You to intercede for Baby Nico. If Your Son wants to, He can perform a miracle.

I have been praying to John Paul II too. I know that Alina has been praying to him as well. This miracle would catapult him into sainthood. Yet, it's not our will but Your Son's will. If Nico won't be able to lead a normal life, then Mama Mary, ask Your Son to take him home to heaven. I know that You will take care of him in heaven. Heaven will gain an angel.

If a miracle will bring blessings to the Hernandez family, and it will glorify Your Son, then Mama Mary please intercede for this miracle. John Paul II, you do your part too. Before Nico was born, I was praying to John Paul II for a miracle for Rafi. I asked John Paul II to intercede so that Rafi would be fully healed. I didn't want him to be on medication for the rest of his life. After Baby Nico was born, I realized that I was being selfish. Rafi already received his miracle. As long as he takes the medication, he can lead a normal life. As far as total healing, others need it more. And so, I changed my prayer and began to pray for a complete healing for Baby Nico.

It doesn't look good but faith is the last thing that we lose. However, if Nico is meant to go to heaven, then John Paul II, look out for him. Mama Mary, carry him in your arms. Jesus, embrace him. Please, hug his young mom, Caro, and console his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and the rest of his family. Baby Nico came with a purpose, and he has done more in three months than most of us will do in a lifetime.

I love You, Mama Mary!!!


December 13, 2017

Dear Mama Mary:

Today, Baby Nico is celebrating his sixth birthday in heaven. I know that he is up there with You, playing with the angels. Heaven gained a new angel when You carried him home.

Many people were praying for a miracle of healing. Our wish was not granted. I remember how devastated I was on that day when I arrived to Belen, ran into Father Willie, and he told me that he was on his way to the hospital because Baby Nico was being disconnected from life support. I had never seen Father Willie more distraught. I had already prayed a rosary to You that morning, but nevertheless, I prayed another rosary on my way home. My heart was breaking into a million pieces for the Hernandez family.

In the past six years, they have been blessed with the birth of Bella, and there is a new baby girl, Nina, soon to be born. But they will forever carry Baby Nico in their hearts. The miracle of his life came soon after his departure. They created Nico's Promise, the foundation that provides bereavement services to parents that have lost a child. Even though the miracle that your Son granted was not the one that everyone was praying for, Baby Nico came with a purpose and he fulfilled it in just three short months.

I pray to You, Mama Mary, for Caro and her pregnancy. May she deliver a healthy baby girl. I also pray for Bella and Nina, to have long, healthy, happy lives. Bless them and protect them always. I know they have an angel in heaven looking down on them and watching their every step.

Happy Birthday, Baby Nico.

I love You, Mama Mary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment