Flower

Flower

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Advent: Twenty-Two Days

“May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; the spirit of Christmas which is peace; the heart of Christmas which is love.” - Ada V. Hendricks

December 3, 2009

Dear Jesus:

I am here waiting for the Bible class to start. This morning, I got upset at my hubby. I decided that the best way to handle it was to be quiet. Sometimes, actions speak louder than words. I came to mass, and that helped me to calm down and think things rationally. 

Please, Jesus, give me peace and calmness. I just have too many things bouncing around in my head. Help me to choose what I need to do and drop the rest. I can't handle everything. Help me to remember that.

This is your month. We celebrate your birthday in twenty-two days. Help me not to get overwhelmed with the hustle and bustle of Christmas. Help me not to forget its true meaning. I'm almost finished with all the Christmas shopping, so now, during this season of Advent, help me to relax, and enjoy the music, the decorations, the sharing, and the love. When things become a burden, then it's time to drop them.

And please, Jesus, give me patience with my hubby, and let him be patient with me.

I love You, Jesus!!!



December 3, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Today is the first Sunday of Advent. I have been a bit dry lately. Yesterday, I was at the beach, praying for a bit of inspiration. But my mind was bouncing all over the place. What else is new? I tend to forget, at this time of year, the true reason for the season. I allow myself to become overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done. I'm glad I picked up my journal from 2009. It allowed me to put things into perspective.

This year, I have not even started to decorate the house. The Christmas tree has been standing in the living room for over a week. I took advantage of Alex while he was still here to help us get it and bring it inside the house. And there it is. No lights, no decorations. I simply have not been in the mood to decorate, which is very strange for me since decorating is one of the things that I must love to do.

Please, shake me up and get me moving. Advent is a time to get ready for your coming. One of the things that helps me to get ready is to decorate the house. When the kids were home, I made a big production of it. I would bake chocolate chip cookies. I would play Christmas music. All this helped to get me in the mood. I know that they are not home, and it's tough to do all these things when it's just Rafe and me, especially the cookies since we are both trying to watch our waistline. But the kids will be home for Christmas, and they love to come to a home that is filled with the Christmas spirit.

I will, at the very least, put the lights on the Christmas tree tonight.

Twenty-two days and counting, Jesus!!! Help me to prepare my heart for your birth.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment