Flower

Flower

Monday, February 19, 2018

Step #7-Expect the Unexpected

"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

Monday of the First Week of Lent (March 2, 2009)

It has been a very overwhelming morning so I failed in my commitment to get this meditation to you by 10:00 am. Now I'm rushing because I have to leave to get to tio Chucho’s mass and burial on time, but I did not want to go before sending you today's step.

Our journey may be full of obstacles, we may need to detour and jump barriers along the way, but the important thing is not to lose sight of the goal, and that is Jesus. As long as we keep our eyes on Jesus, no matter how many times we fall, how many detours we need to take, how many mountains we have to climb, we will reach our destination.

Today's reading gives us another clue to help us remain on the road. We need to care for all those around us, but especially for the poor, the weak, the lonely ones, those that are always left out. First, we have to love, then we have to reach out. It is not enough to mail a check to an organization that helps the needy. We need to get out of our comfort zone, stick our hands in the mud and do whatever Jesus asks us to do for his Kingdom.

Today, let's have a talk with Jesus and ask Him, "what do you want from me?" Be ready to listen and expect the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment