Flower

Flower

Monday, February 12, 2018

The Project is Going on Retreat

This year, I have been sharing through my blog, a project that I started ten years ago but never finished. I call it my unfinished project. It’s basically a book that I felt inspired to write when I attended the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola at the end of 2007. I call it “The Project” because it’s still untitled. I figure the name will come to me as I write it, or maybe one of you will be the one who baptizes it. But I won’t worry about the title until the unfinished project is finished.

I have shared with you, thus far, six chapters. The first five were easy because they were already written, therefore, all I had to do was edit them. I also had to update some of the information, since a lot has changed in a decade. But overall, I was able to share one chapter per week.

The sixth chapter was a bit more difficult because it was incomplete. However, I had written part of it, so it was just a matter of getting my thoughts organized, and I was able to complete it last weekend.

But now I have reached the difficult part of the project. The remaining chapters are a blank canvas. I have the skeleton, or the index, in my mind, but I have not written a single word. Therefore, I have decided to go on retreat during Lent, so I can write without the pressure of having to post what I write within a certain timetable. At the end of Lent, I will share the chapter or hopefully chapters, that I was inspired to write during these forty days of Lent.

In the meantime, I’m going to share a Lenten Journey that I wrote back in 2009, “48 Steps to Easter.” However, I have decided to give up Facebook for Lent. Therefore, if you would like to accompany me on my journey to Easter, you will need to log in directly into my blog, or you can sign up to receive the meditations by email by going to my blog home page at:

christysmeditations.blogspot.com

On the right side you will see a window that says: “Receive new posts by email” where you can input your email address and hit “submit.” See picture below:


I hope you all have a fruitful and spiritual Lent, and please keep me in your prayers that the Holy Spirit rains upon me so “The Project” can resume after Easter.

The “48 Steps to Easter” will begin tomorrow, on Fat Tuesday, or Mardi Gras.

God bless you and your families during this Lent and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment