Flower

Flower

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Hope in the Resurrection

 “We proclaim the resurrection of Christ when his light illuminates the dark moments of our existence, and we are able to share it with others.” Pope Francis 


A man went to work in Calcutta with Mother Teresa. He was looking for clarity about what to do with the rest of his life. When he met Mother Teresa, he asked her to pray for him. “What would you like me to pray for?” she asked him. He told her that he was looking for clarity, and she replied that she could not pray for that. He did not understand, and he told her that she always seemed to have the kind of clarity that he was looking for. She laughed and said: “I have zero percent clarity.” He was dumbfounded. “How can that be?” he asked her. She answered him that she had zero percent clarity but she had one hundred percent trust. “I will pray that you trust God,” she said. 


I am the type of person that doesn’t like to live in the dark. I like to have clarity in my life. I need to know what I’m doing tomorrow, next week and even next year. Or at least, I used to be that way. The pandemic and other unexpected events in my life have taught me that I have zero control of my life. I can plan all I want to, and then God just laughs and messes up my plans. Therefore, what’s the point? I just have to trust Him and let Him lead the way.


This year, I made zero plans for Lent. I prayed to Him: “Show me what You want me to do.” I placed my trust in Him and He brought me to daily mass. I had never been able to accomplish that and walk at the same time. It was either walk in the morning or go to mass. There was no time for both. But with His help, and waking up quite early, I was able to attend daily mass during Lent. And what a blessing it has been. Starting the day with Him, receiving the Eucharist and then going to work, has taken away all the stress that tax season usually brings to my life.


Now that Lent is almost over, I’m placing all my hope in the Resurrection. I hope that I can share with others, the light that I have received during these forty days of Lent. And I hope that I can continue attending daily mass. But I’m not making any plans. I hope that He will lead the way and show me what He wants me to do next. And I hope that like Mother Teresa, I have one hundred percent trust in Him. 


St. Teresa of Calcutta, pray for us.


Copyright © 2022 Christy Romero. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment