Flower

Flower

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Perfectly Imperfect

 “I am perfect in my imperfections, secure in my insecurities, happy with my choices, strong in times of weakness and beautiful in my own way. I am myself.” Anonymous


I spent the past week stuck in a hotel room watching movies, reading books and writing on my journal, with an occasional visit to CVS for entertainment. It’s a good thing the hotel had the Hallmark channel because I was able to watch my share of “chick flicks” which is my favorite kind of movie. A while back, I watched one such movie on Netflix. Yes, Netflix shows plenty of chick-flicks too. This one was titled “Faith, Hope & Love.” The movie is about two girls that are trying to get their widowed father, Jimmy Hope, to fall in love with Faith, their dance teacher. The movie has a Christian message, something that is hard to find in a movie nowadays. I think that’s the main reason why I enjoy the Hallmark channel movies. Aside from the fact that I’m a hopeless romantic, I like that they are old-fashioned clean. There are no sexual scenes or foul language. They are the type of movie that I grew up watching. Movies like “Hello Dolly” or “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” or “Pretty Woman.” Beautiful movies without needing to be so graphic. 


I guess it’s hopeless to think that the world could return to that pure and uninhibited innocence, but that’s the thing about hope, we can close our eyes and hope for the impossible. Hope helps us to dream that things can be better than they are. And if we can dream it, we can achieve it. Hallmark certainly did, why can’t others? The problem is that we sometimes are too passive to ask for what we want. 


In a world where faith is being suppressed and persecuted, we need to develop courage to be the change. If we wait for others to talk the talk and walk the walk, we are not doing our part to achieve our mission. God has given each of us a mission, but if we remain passive waiting for others to take the initiative, it may be too late. We have to conquer our fears and be the ones who take the lead.


We don’t need to be perfect in order to make a difference. God understand our imperfections. The theme of the movie “Faith, Hope & Love” is exactly about that. The characters are all perfectly imperfect. Jimmy Hope is a Christian dad who drinks a bit too much in order to drown the pain of losing his wife. Faith is bitter about her divorce and has trouble in the dating scene. But in the midst of their imperfect world, they attempt to help each other and in the process, they fall in love and realize that they are perfect for each other.


So let’s get out there and make a difference. God is not interested in our ability, He’s interested in our availability. We have to set the example if we want to change our world for the better. Hope starts with each one of us. We need to allow God to use us as His messengers of faith and love so we can bring hope to those who need it, one person at a time, one day at a time. God needs each and every one of us to make this imperfect world a little more perfect. And it begins with each of His perfectly imperfect children giving Him our time. 


Copyright © 2022 Christy Romero. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment