Flower

Flower

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Join me in a Sacred Meal

“This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19



A couple of years ago, I decided to pick a yearly theme for my meditations. In 2022, the theme was hope. Last year, it was surrender and trust. This year, I have been struggling with what my theme should be, but the more I pondered and prayed about it, the word that kept coming to my mind was “Eucharist.”


In case I had any doubt, two unexpected things happened at the end of 2023. First, I received a gift by mail. The gift was a book by Matthew Kelly titled “33 days to Eucharistic Glory.” This title called my attention because last year I did the consecration to Mary and the title of the book I used was “33 days to Morning Glory.” When the book arrived, right away I opened it and  read the introduction: “Prepare yourself for an explosion of grace in your life. Grace is the assistance God gives us to do what is good, true, noble, and right. And there is no better way to receive God's grace than through the Eucharist.” I have not began this 33-day journey to consecrate myself to the Eucharist yet, because I feel that I need to ready my heart for it. I’m working on it, but this gift reassured me that the “Eucharist” must be this year’s theme.


The second unexpected thing took place just a few days after the first one. I walked into church and they always have a table in the back with the weekly bulletin and other reading material. Most of the time it’s newspapers like “The Florida Catholic,” but on this particular Sunday, there was a small book, just one copy left. The title of the book, “This is my Body: A Call to Eucharistic Revival” by Bishop Robert Barron. I knew that God had saved that last copy of the book just for me. I grabbed it and I have been reading a few pages every night.


The first chapter of the book is titled “The Eucharist as Sacred Meal.” And that is what my first blog posts this year will be about. I invite you to join me in a Sacred Meal as we journey together towards “Eucharistic Glory.”


Copyright © 2024 Christy Romero. All rights reserved.


1 comment:


  1. I’m looking forward to join you in this journey. Thank you for sharing. I’ll be praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you.

    ReplyDelete