Flower

Flower

Monday, February 13, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Thank You for the Precious Gift

"My Peace is the treasure of treasures: the pearl of great price. It is an exquisitely costly gift, for both the Giver and the receiver. I purchased this Peace for you with My blood. You receive this gift by trusting Me in the midst of life’s storms. If you have the world’s peace—everything going your way—you don’t seek My unfathomable Peace. Thank Me when things do not go your way, because spiritual blessings come wrapped in trials. Adverse circumstances are normal in a fallen world. Expect them each day. Rejoice in the face of hardship, for I have overcome the world." Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

February 13, 2010

Dear Jesus:

Here I am, sitting down in the sofa with ice packs on my legs. Not exactly the way I had anticipated spending this weekend. I got into a little accident two days ago, and the airbag bruised my legs pretty badly. Oh well, I'm not complaining, on the contrary, I am thankful because I know that in that moment, You protected me. Thank You, Jesus, for sending your angels to hold me.


I am alive and I rejoice with this precious gift. 
My life is the biggest gift I received from God. 
He loved me so much that He took the time to create me.
I am His precious creation and I cherish the gift.
I offer everything I am and everything I do back to the Creator.
Everything I have and everything I own comes from God.
All my talents, all my intelligence and all my abilities are a gift.
I rejoice in the knowledge that I am loved.
My heart cries out in happiness at this knowledge.
I am filled with gratitude and love for God.
He loved me so much that He gave me the most awesome gift.
I am alive because He gave His life for me. 

Jesus, I need to let You know how thankful I am for my family. Chabeli has been wonderful. Yesterday, she picked up Alex from school, she brought me lunch and she has been very concerned about my well-being. Alex has been doing his share too. He brings me what I need so I won't have to get up from the sofa. And my hubby has been running around doing all the things that normally I would do. He went to the bank and to Publix, and now he's putting all the groceries away. Rafi is away at college, but he has called a few times to check up on me. And my parents have been doing deliveries to my clients.

Thank You, Jesus, for two very precious gifts: my life and my family.

I love You, Jesus!!!


February 13, 2017

Dear Jesus:

The memories of my accident are not fun. It took me a long time to recover and my legs looked pretty scary. But You carried me the whole way and I healed just fine.

Today, my friend Magda, from my Bible class, got into a car accident. Thank You, Jesus, for sending your angels to protect her. She sent us pictures of the car and it looks pretty bad. She has a broken rib but it could have been so much worst. Please heal her from her physical wounds and allow her to have a peaceful night.

Even during hardships, we have to be thankful. As Sarah Young says in her "Jesus Calling" meditations, "spiritual blessings come wrapped in trials." I remember that it was during my forced sick leave after my accident that I began to write the Lent meditations which eventually led to my blog. So You definitely turned a hardship into a blessing. Thank You for that additional precious gift.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment