Flower

Flower

Friday, March 23, 2018

Step #39-Let’s Open Our Eyes

“The Father is in me and I am in the Father.” John 10:38

Friday of the Fifth Week of Lent (April 3, 2009)

Is Jesus human or is He God? He was both. He was human and God at the same time. He is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Trinity is one of the greatest mysteries of our faith. I remember when my three kids were little they all had an issue with this at different times. The easiest way that I found to explain it to them was by telling them that I was their mother, but I was also a wife, a daughter, a friend, an accountant… I was one person but I was a different person to different people. My clients don’t see me as a mother, they see me as their accountant, my husband sees me as his wife, my mother sees me as her daughter, but to my children, I will always be their mother.

I went on to explain that God is three persons in one. When we need protection and comfort, we pray to the Father. When we need a friend, someone to talk to and tell Him our deepest secrets, we pray to Jesus. When we need discernment, inspiration or a solution to a problem, we pray to the Holy Spirit. No matter to whom we address our prayer, we are praying to God. He is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

As hard as it is to understand, imagine how much harder it had to be for the Jews who knew the human side of Jesus. They grew up together, He was their neighbor, the son of Joseph, the carpenter, and Mary, his wife. They could not possibly see Him as God and that is why they accused Him of blasphemy.


Let’s ask Jesus to open our eyes so we can see all three persons in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment