Flower

Flower

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Step #44-We Have a Choice

"Amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me." Matthew 26:21

Wednesday of Holy Week (April 8, 2009)

Today I feel very relaxed. How different from yesterday when I was on the verge of tears. What has changed? Not much on the outside. I still have the plumbing problem that needs to be resolved. However, much has changed on the inside. I have come to terms that regardless of my attitude, I have to face the problem. I have two choices, I can get upset and suffer through the whole ordeal or I can put a smile on my face, deal with the issues one at a time and take each day as it comes. I opted for the second choice and it made all the difference.

Jesus also had a choice. He knew what was coming His way. He knew that one of his disciples whom He considered a friend was about to betray Him. He could have chosen to sulk alone, hide by himself, away from everyone. He made a different choice. He chose to spend His last hours with his friends, in spite of the fact that one betrayed Him, one denied Him and others felt asleep when He asked them to keep Him company while He prayed.

We are all faced with choices everyday. Our journey is not an easy one. We may have days of sunshine but there are days that are full of clouds, storms and rain. We can choose to hide behind our sorrow, enjoy a lonely “pity-party” or we can choose to come out of our hiding places, put a smile on our faces and join the rest of the world. Yes, we will have to face those that betrayed us in the past, we may encounter those that hurt us or we may come face to face with that person that we have not been able to forgive yet. But if we choose to stay within ourselves, we may miss the smile of a friend, the hug of a child, the smell of the flowers or the song of the birds.

It’s our choice. No one can make it for us. Let’s sit down today with our Blessed Mother and have a heart to heart. She will help us decide what choice to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment