Flower

Flower

Friday, January 20, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Help my Children Find their Own Way

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. —Romans 12:12

January 20, 2010

Dear Jesus:

Here I am, visiting You in the Blessed Sacrament. This is probably one of the hardest things that I have offered to do this year, but I am going to try not to falter. It's only one hour a month, I can do this. Even if the timing is pretty bad because You know I like to be comfy in my PJs already at this time. However, You have done so much for me, it's the least I can do for You.

I have so much to be thankful for. You have blessed my family and I in ways that make me feel so loved by You. I love You, Jesus, with all my heart. You gave your life for me. That's the ultimate sacrifice. And yet, when You ask me to sacrifice for You, I complain. I'm sorry Jesus, for my selfishness.

I just finished my homework for bible study. I specially liked the part that covered Isaac. Isaac had to walk his own journey. He had to find his way on his own. If Isaac, who was the chosen one, the son of Abraham, had to find his own path to You, I have to believe and have faith that my children will also find their own way. They are not mine, they are yours. I am only borrowing them for a little while. They are part of Your plan and I am just Your "handmaid." It's time to release them, especially the older two that are already 21 and 20. The younger one needs to remain under my wing for a little while longer. But I promise not to be an obstacle in Your plan. Do with them as You see fit.

It's time for me to go home. I'll be back next month.

I love You, Jesus!!! Good night.


January 20, 2017

Dear Jesus:

I'm sorry that I failed You in my commitment. Keeping that hourly appointment with You turned out to be much harder than I anticipated. Eventually, I just gave up trying. I visit You in the Blessed Sacrament every chance I get, but keeping a set time just didn't work out. The obstacles just kept getting in my way. But I know that You are everywhere, so I hope that for now, You are just happy if my time with You takes place in my living room.

Another thing that has turned out to be extremely hard for me is to release my children so they find their own way. I still want to take them by the hand and tell them what to do, especially if I feel that they are heading down the wrong path. But I have to trust You and I have to keep praying. Just like St. Monica never gave up praying for her son St. Augustine, I have to keep praying too.

Please Jesus, help my children find their own way. But please, make sure that their way leads them to You.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment