Flower

Flower

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Letters to Heaven: A cut above the rest

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” —Jeremiah 29:11

January 1, 2010

Dear Jesus:

Happy New Year!!!

I'm watching the Rose Parade on television. I like their theme: "A cut above the rest." Yes, this year will be special, "a cut above the rest."

Rafi will be returning to Princeton this month. Chabeli will be going to England to spend a semester abroad next fall. Alex will learn to drive. These are some of the hopes and dreams in my children's lives this year. Rafe and I don't have any major plans. We just pray for health. Please keep us healthy, all of us. We also pray for peace. Peace in our lives, in our home, in our family and in our world.

Please Jesus, give us a healthy and peaceful 2010. That's all we want. That's all we need.

I love You, Jesus. Happy New Year 2010!!! May 2010 be "a cut above the rest."



January 1, 2017

Dear Jesus:

As I go back in time and read my old journals, I realize that my letter to you seven years ago is pretty similar to the one I would write today. I felt pretty much the same way back then as I feel today. Both 2009 and 2016 were pretty tough years for our family. So I was happy, very happy, to ring-in 2010, just as I'm happy today to welcome 2017.

Some things have changed in these past seven years. Rafi and Chabeli have since graduated from college and are both now fully independent. Alex now drives and attends college in Connecticut. He will graduate at the end of this year, with Your help.

I pray for the same things that I pray to You at the start of every new year: health, peace, joy and to remain in the path that will one day lead me to You.

I love You, Jesus. Happy New Year 2017!!! May 2017 be "a cut above the rest."

2 comments:

  1. Gracias
    Happy New Year!
    Que bien me hace leerte ....no imaginas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Mercy. I'm glad you enjoy these meditations. It was good to see you at the mass. Praying for your health.

      Delete