Flower

Flower

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Lord, Give me Patience

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” —Matthew 11:28–30

January 31, 2008

Dear Jesus:

I have tried to keep the commitment that I made a few weeks ago, which was to separate half an hour of my day just for You. I have succeeded most days but there were a few that I failed You. It's so hard to be a wife, a mother, an accountant, a housewife, a teacher, a writer, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a woman... There are so many demands on me, on my time, on my person... And I want to please everyone. I don't like to say "no" to anyone. Sometimes I feel that I can't handle it all. By the end of the day, I'm so exhausted, and I lose my temper easily with those I love most, my husband and my children.

I like a prayer written by Mother Angelica: "Lord, give me patience. It was a beautiful part of your life. I need patience to use every spare moment to speak to You, to love You, and to meditate on your attributes. Let me see the time I waste. Let me see waiting as the extra time allotted to me by your infinite wisdom, to make me holy. Lord Jesus, hold my temper in your hands so I may not give it to others."

I love You, Jesus!!!  Please give me patience!!!



January 31, 2017

I made the same commitment this year and the exact same thing happened. I managed it most days but there were others when life's responsibilities just got the best of me. Even though I have more time now that the kids are all grown up, my business has also grown so I'm spending more time at the office than I did when they were younger.

You must be up in heaven saying what my hubby tells me all the time: "Excuses, excuses, excuses."  And You are right. I find time for what I want to find time. Therefore, not finding a half hour for You is just a poor excuse. After all, each day is made up of 48 half-hours.

I promise that I will try harder in February. Just be patient with me and give me patience to make time for what is truly important.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment