Flower

Flower

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Lent: Dance With Me

"Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre." 
     -Psalm 149:3

Holy Week: Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dear Jesus:

Thank You for extending me the invitation to participate in this Holy Week Retreat. It is an oasis in the busy-ness of my life. Thank You for bringing me here. 

Thank You for the gift of life. Thank You for being present at my birth. Thank You for embracing me and loving me since the second that I was conceived. 

Thank You for the parents that You chose for me. Thank You because they said "yes" to life. They chose to bring me into the world. Even though their life was in turmoil, they trusted You and they said, "let your will be done, not ours."

Thank You also for giving me the wonderful grandparents that You gave me. They were always present and they were always a big part of my life.

Thank You because You have always danced with me. When I've needed to tango, you have danced the tango with me. When I've needed to dance "merengue," you have done so willingly, shaking and moving with me to the beat. When I've needed to slow dance, You have danced cheek to cheek with me. When I've been too tired to dance, You've sat next to me, and You have held my hand. Thank You because You have always waltzed through life with me. You have always been the most willing of partners.

I love You, Jesus!!!



Holy Week: Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Will You dance with me? I need to dance cheek to cheek with You. Tomorrow, we start the Triduum. Help me to get close to You on the cross. Help me to release all the anxiety that I've been carrying. I need to heal in order to enjoy your resurrection on Sunday.

On Easter Sunday, I hope I'm ready to join the celebration, and dance a good "merengue" with You.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment