Flower

Flower

Friday, April 14, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Lent: Face to Face

"God works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will." Ephesians 1:11

Good Friday: April 18, 2014

Dear Jesus:

Today is Good Friday. We remember your death on the cross. I'm sorry for all the times that I have sinned because every time I sin, I nail You to the cross.

This week has been a week of bad news. First, Meli's uncle passed away in a very tragic way. He was so young. Please Jesus accept him into your kingdom and give him everlasting life. I pray for his whole family, especially his three kids who are now left without a dad.

The second bad news was about my dad. He was diagnosed with angio-sarcoma, a very rare and aggressive form of cancer which attacks the blood vessels. Jesus, whatever the outcome, please have mercy on him and don't let him suffer. He has always been a very loving man. He stepped in to be my dad and he always did a great job. He loved me as his own daughter all my life. And I love him as a father. Please, lighten up his cross. If this is the end for him, please accept him into your kingdom and wait for him with open arms. I love him with all my heart. I don't want to lose him, but I prefer to let him go than to see him suffer. Jesus, please carry him through and give my mom the strength that she will need to endure this cross on her journey.

I love You, Jesus, and I await for the day when I can meet You face to face.


Good Friday: April 14, 2017

Dear Jesus:

My dad's journey was tough but You allowed us to enjoy him two more years. Eventually, he lost the battle, but he went in peace and I have no doubt that You welcomed him into your kingdom with open arms.

Today, we celebrated a peaceful Good Friday. For a few years now, Rafe and I have started a new tradition. We do our own Good Friday pilgrimage by visiting five different churches and praying one mystery of the rosary at each church. Our pilgrimage today took us from Hallandale Beach to Ft. Lauderdale. We started at St. Matthew where we prayed and meditated on your agony in the garden. We then headed to Little Flower in Hollywood where we pondered about your scourging at the pillar. Our next stop was St. Maurice at Dania Beach. Here we remembered your crowning of thorns. We went on to St. Jerome, where we accompanied You on the carrying of the cross. And we finished at St. Sebastian, where we prayed the last mystery, your crucifixion, and we stayed for the service of the Passion.

This year, Good Friday had a special meaning for me. I just finished a five-week Bible study on the movie "The Passion." It was very powerful. So today, as I listened to John's scripture about your passion, the movie was being replayed in my mind. Jesus, how where You able to endure such pain and such sorrow? And as the priest said, "You did so willingly." You knew what was about to happen to You and You accepted it. How much You love us that You accepted the ultimate sacrifice for the love of us.

Thank You Jesus, for giving your life for me. I don't deserve You. I hope one day, I have the honor of being able to meet You face to face.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment