Flower

Flower

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Lent: I'm Waiting Patiently

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."
 —PSALM 27:14

Week 5: April 3, 2014

Dear Jesus:

Nothing like the early morning hours to spend some time with You. Thank You for allowing me to sleep a little longer today. For the past three days, I have woken up at 3 am. Today, I slept until 5 am, and it was enough to make me feel rested.

I have been reading a book by Max Lucado titled "God Will Carry You Through." I love it. Thank You for your servant Max Lucado who is doing your will of spreading your word throughout the world. I heard him talk at the "Women of Faith" conference in Orlando. He was very inspirational so I bought his book.

The book is based on the story of Joseph. I just finished reading the chapter called "Waiting." It's inspired on the two years that Joseph waited for the butler to remember him and mention him to the Pharaoh. Two years in which Joseph's faith grew instead of getting weaker. We humans tend to be very impatient. We want things to happen in our time but we need to learn to trust You. Things will happen in your time, not ours.

Patience. It's such a difficult virtue.

Help me to be patient, Father. Help me to wait for You. Help me to be patient on every aspect of my life.

Help me to be patient as a wife.

Help me to be patient as a mother.

Help me to be patient as a daughter.

Help me to be patient as a sister.

Help me to be patient as an accountant.

Help me to be patient as a friend.

Help me to be patient today.

Help me to obtain this very difficult virtue. Show me how to be patient with myself. I don't need to be a perfectionist in everything I do.

I'm waiting patiently for You.

I love You, Jesus!!!



Week 5: April 6, 2017

Dear Jesus:

I'm still trying to cultivate the virtue of patience. Thank You for being patient with me.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment