Flower

Flower

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Finding Peace in the Storm

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. . . . And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. —PHILIPPIANS 4:6–7, 19


June 11, 2013

Dear Jesus:

Today, my private chauffeur took me to Claire's house to pray. I really needed it. We prayed the rosary. We shared. I was able to vent. This is the first Summer Reading Book Club meeting I was able to attend. This summer, we are reading a book titled "Searching for and maintaining peace." How appropriate. It's exactly what I need right now, maintaining peace in the storm. Yes, this year I've been battling stormy weather and I still can't see the end of the storm.

Peace comes from You. Jesus, sometimes I try to find peace in the world but that's the wrong place to look for it. The peace that I may find in the world is only temporary. True peace comes from You.

In the meditation that we read today, it said that one of the keys towards finding peace is "goodwill." We have to feel goodwill towards others. If we feel goodwill within our hearts, then we can be in peace. That is so true. When we have goodwill towards others, You are in us. When we serve others, we get close to You. The closer we get to You, the more at peace we will be.

I have to place my life at your service. I have to allow You to do your will through me. I have to trust You completely. If I rely on You, if I give You full control of my life, my life will be in good hands, and I will feel so much better. Why do I want to be in control of everything? I need to turn everything over to You. I need to trust You completely. Then and only then, will I be able to close my eyes and be at peace.

Jesus, I will abandon myself completely in You. I will trust You fully. I will have blind faith in You. I know that You want the best for me and for my family. Therefore, I leave our lives in your hands.

Jesus, help me to find peace in the storm.

I love You, Jesus!!!


June 22, 2017

Dear Jesus:

That summer of 2013 ended up being one busy hurricane season. But in spite of all the storms, I was able to find peace. I spent hours keeping my dad company at the rehab center, and I used those hours to pray, to read, to write and to listen to my dad reminisce about the past.

Since I could not drive, Alex would drop me off at the rehab center early in the morning on his way to Belen, and then, I had to rely on the kindness of family and friends to pick me up and take me either to work or home. This was not easy for someone as independent as me. But I learned that it's humbling to accept help from others.

I was forced to find the peace in the storm. And I did. Sometimes, when we are in the midst of a storm, the best solution is to sit still. We can hear You better when we sit at your feet. I hope I make the time to sit at your feet, without waiting for another storm to force me to do so.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment