Flower

Flower

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Sitting in the Waiting Room

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." 
Isaiah 40:31

June 10, 2014

Dear Jesus:

In the book I'm reading now, "You'll Get Through This," Max Lucado says that "this world is a waiting room." I like his analogy because I think it's so true.

What are we doing here? We are waiting. We are waiting until that moment when we get to see your face. How long will it take? We don't know. But while we wait, we are not alone. You sit with us. You wait with us.


Sometimes the waiting is pleasant. We are having a good time. Everything is going our way. But many times, the waiting is very unpleasant. And sometimes, it's very painful. But while we wait, You work. That is why we can never give up.

In the story of Joseph, which is what Mr. Lucado used as the backdrop for his book, Joseph waited for a very long time. First, he waited at the bottom of the cistern until his brothers decided what to do with him. Then he waited during the auction to see who would buy him. Then, while he was in prison, he waited, waited, waited. And while he waited, You were at work. You were putting all the players in place so that your plan could unfold.


So Jesus, help me to be patient because I tend to be very impatient. I know that You are working in each of my children's lives. You are working on Rafi and leading him on the right path. I know that one day he will find the courage to share his story with others. You are working on Chabeli and if her vocation is marriage, You will lead her to the man that You have already chosen for her. And Alex will find his true vocation and You will lead him towards that field of study.

I'm waiting, Jesus!!! Patiently sitting in the waiting room.



June 10, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Here I am!!! Waiting for Alex to arrive from Europe. Thank You for keeping him and his friends safe while they were over there.

Rafi is starting to open up. He's sharing his story at work, he's helping others that are walking in his same shoes, and he's attending a conference in August with other people that suffer from his same illness. It took eight years, but the waiting and the praying paid off. Thank You, Jesus. All in your time, not mine.

You led Chabeli to a wonderful young man that adores her, and she's truly happy with him. I prayed for him, and He was your choice for her. You knew exactly what she needed and You found the right young man for her. Thank You, Jesus, for making my girl happy.

And Alex found the right career. It took a few bumps and bruises, but he will be doing an internship this summer in his field of study, and if it's Your will, he will graduate in December with his bachelor's degree.

I know that I'm very impatient but I also know, that You know exactly what my children need. And while I wait in the waiting room, You are at work in their lives. Thank You for always having their best interest at heart.

I love You, Jesus!!! Please keep Alex and his friends safe as they return home from an amazing trip. Here I am, patiently sitting in the waiting room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment