Flower

Flower

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Letters to Heaven: A Splash of Gratitude

"A splash of gratitude with that attitude, please." Max Lucado

Note: All quotes on this entry, unless specified, are from Max Lucado's book "You'll Get Through This."

June 25, 2014

Dear Jesus:

Good morning!!!

I absolutely loved chapter nine of Max Lucado's book. My favorite one thus far.

Thank You, thank You, Jesus. Thank You for allowing me to sleep and for allowing my dad to rest. We had a great night.

I apologize Jesus because yesterday I was having a pity party. I have so much to be grateful for. "A spoonful of gratitude is all I needed" to remind me of how much I have to be thankful for.

I have been hearing, quite often lately, that my kids' generation feels like they are "entitled." They have this sense of entitlement that the world owes them. But sometimes, I also have this sense of entitlement. And the fact is that the world doesn't owe me anything. Yesterday, I was upset that I was going to have to stay in the hospital, in an uncomfortable bed, where I knew I would not have a good night sleep. I was being proud and "a proud woman is seldom a grateful woman, for she never thinks that she gets as much as she deserves."

I needed an attitude adjustment with a splash of gratitude. "The grateful heart sees each day as a gift." Instead of focusing on the uncomfortable bed, I need to be grateful that I even have a bed. How many people sleep on the floor every day because they lack a bed? Most hospitals don't have a bed for a family member to stay with the patient. This is a luxury and I need to be grateful for this privilege. I got to stay with my dad, in a private room and a bed was provided for my comfort. Thank You, Jesus.

Thank You that I was able to sleep in a comfortable bed. Thank You for the pillow where I rested my head. Thank You for the blanket that covered me so I didn't feel cold at night. Thank You for the air conditioning which prevented me from getting too hot at night. Thank You, Jesus, for the nurses that dedicate their lives to care for their patients.

Thank You, Jesus, for allowing me to adjust my attitude with a splash of gratitude. Gratitude gets me through the hard stuff. I need to concentrate more on my blessings and less on my hardships. "Gratitude always leaves me looking at God and away from dread. It does to anxiety what the morning sun does to valley mist. It burns it up."

I want to look at You, Jesus. I want to be part of the 10% who are thankful. I want to give You a standing ovation. "Give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ." Eph 5:20

Dear Jesus:

Good evening!!!

I'm back at the hospital with my dad. We are hopeful that he will be discharged tomorrow. He's in your hands, Jesus. My mom stayed during the day and I was able to go home and to the office to take care of a bunch of things that have been piling up.

Thank You for bringing me safely back to the hospital. Thank You for allowing me to make it even though the gas tank was practically on empty, and I didn't notice it until I was on the expressway. Thank You for allowing me to resolve all the things that I had to resolve today.

Thank You for all your blessings and for my family. I was able to spend quality time with them at the dinner table. I had not seen my baby in almost a week. He was talkative today and he shared some funny stories about the kids at camp, where he's working this summer.

I love You, Jesus!!!




June 25, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Thank You for reminding me that having an attitude of gratitude is very important.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment