Flower

Flower

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Letters to Heaven: The Best Birthday Presents

"Thank You God for giving me another year of life. Thank You for the love of my family. Thank You for sending us your Son who gave his life for us. Those are the best birthday presents."


July 5, 2008

Dear Jesus:

Today is my birthday. The best birthday present that my family is giving me this year is the gift of unity. We are living together in unity and harmony. I see my three children truly enjoying each other's company, and that gives me such joy. I see them horsing around with Rafe, and I rejoice. We have dinner together and then we stay at the dinner table having good discussions about various topics. We all participate and contribute to the conversation. No one is in a hurry to get up and lock themselves in their rooms. Sometimes we stay together and play a game. This past week, we watched a TV program together. I enjoyed the warmth of having my family around me all cuddled together in the sofa. That is all I need to be truly happy.

Both Rafi and Chabeli are working at UM this summer. Alex is taking an Algebra class at Belen. The fact that they all have a sense of responsibility is helping their relationship with Rafe. Last summer was a different story. Rafe was constantly losing his temper, especially with Rafi. I was truly afraid of how this summer would turn out, but it has been wonderful. They have not fought at all. This past year away at college has helped Rafi attain a level of maturity that he didn't have before. He used to act on impulse. Now he stops to think before he acts.

Chabeli graduated from high school last month. She got 5s in all her AP exams. I'm so proud of her. She also broke up with her high school boyfriend. I pray to You, Jesus, that as she heads off to college, that you place "good" boys in her path. Help her to choose wisely and help her to find someone that is worthy of her love. A young man that shares her values, that has integrity and will make her into a better person.

Alex has started to go out without us. Most of the times, he goes to the movies with his friends. He's growing up fast. Help us to know when to say "yes" and when to say "no." Last night, he wanted to go out with Rafi and Chabeli to a movie at midnight. We said "no." The 5-year difference in age is starting to show. Rafi and Chabeli are in college, he's in middle school. We have to set limits but it's getting harder. Please Jesus, choose good friends for him.

Next week we are going to Siesta Key. This was a last minute decision and we are looking forward to it. It will be good for our family.

Thank You Jesus for allowing me to enjoy another birthday surrounded by the love of my family. That is the best birthday present.

I love You, Jesus!!!



July 5, 2009

Dear Jesus:

Today is my birthday. Thank You Jesus for the gift of life. You gave yours for me. That's the best birthday present that anyone has ever given me. Thank You.

Thank You for the gift of my family. They are all with me today. They are treating me to dinner at Smith & Wolensky. 

We went to mass this morning. I got a bit emotional after the communion song, "I'm coming back to the heart of worship because it's all about You, Jesus." It's true, Jesus. It's all about You. You are the one who gives meaning to everything. You are the center of my life. Thank You for carrying me during the difficult times.

Thank You for giving me the best birthday present, the gift of life.

I love You, Jesus!!!



July 5, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Today is my birthday. The best birthday present is to see how my children have grown up and matured. They are all in their 20s and doing amazingly well. Rafi and Chabeli are fully independent. They both graduated from college and found incredible jobs that they love. Rafi is engaged to be married next year, and You couldn't have picked a better girl for him. Emily is simply beautiful, both inside and out. Chabeli is also very happy with her Daniel, who complements her perfectly. And Alex is currently doing an internship that he is enjoying and where he is learning a lot. He will graduate this December, if it is Your will, and I have no doubt that You are going to find him a perfect fit for a job and for a future wife.

I can't ask for anything else. I am truly blessed. And I have by my side my husband and best friend. We have been together for over 36 years, 33 of those married. And even though we've had our rough times, our relationship has mellowed out. I know it's been thanks to the fact that You have walked with us every step of the way.

Thank You, Jesus, for allowing me to celebrate another birthday, surrounded by the love of my family. And thank You for the gift of life. Those are the best birthday presents.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment