Flower

Flower

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Letters to Heaven: We are all Flowers in your Garden

"How varied are your works, Lord! In wisdom You have wrought them all, the earth is full of your creatures." Psalm 104:24

June 15, 2006

Dear Jesus:

It would be so wonderful if I could begin each day without worries, if I could start each day without worrying about everything I have to do. It seems that the more I do, the more I have to do. My "to-do" list is infinite, it has no end. I always have something to do, too much to do, not enough time to do.

I don't understand how there are people in this world that have absolutely nothing to do. But it shouldn't surprise me because even though we all come from You, we are all different. We all have different needs, different problems and different desires. But even though we are all different, we are all searching for the same thing. We are all searching for You. We may call You by different names, but in the end, we are all searching for meaning. Some people will find You and remain in the right path. They will follow You all their lives. Some will find You, only to lose You again later on. Others will never find You. They will choose to remain in the darkness all their lives.


How different are your creatures, Lord. In every group of people there are many different personalities. But when a group unites and comes together in harmony, they can do great things. It's like the human body, every part is so different from each other yet every part is unique and special. Every part is important and necessary. Otherwise the body would be incomplete. It's just like a garden, full of different flowers. They are all different, but they are all beautiful, each in its unique way.

I wish I could wake up one day and just say "today I have absolutely nothing to do, today is mine and I'm going to do absolutely nothing." But I know I can't because I must do my part to make your garden more beautiful.

I love You, Jesus!!!




"Perfection consists in being what God wants us to be." St. Theresa of the Child Jesus

July 12, 2017

Dear Jesus:

A few weeks ago, we were in New York, waiting in line to enter the "911 Memorial Museum." As I looked around, I saw so many people, so different from one another. And I couldn't help think that You recognize us all. As different as we are, You love us all. There are millions of people in the world, with different qualities and different talents, and You need us all.

Last Sunday in Church, I was thinking the same thing. In a community, there are people that are in the forefront and others that are in the background. They like to be as invisible as possible, they prefer not to be noticed and yet, they are just as important. You need all the flowers in your garden. As St. Theresa says, we must be perfect in what You want us to be. If You need us in the forefront, we must try to achieve perfection in taking your message to others through your words or through service. If You want us to be in the background, we must achieve perfection in our prayers, in our intercession, in our silence, and in our love for others.

Jesus, You do not have favorites. You love the good speaker as much as You love the quiet person. You love the musically talented as much as You love the one that can only sing in silence. You love the one that cooks and prepares the meals as much as You love the one that serves it. You love and need all the flowers in your garden. The beautiful rose is just as important to You as the simple daisy. The orchid is just as beautiful to You as is the baby breath.

We just need to be available so You can place us where You need us. We just need to be what You want us to be, so that together, we can make your garden more beautiful.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment