Flower

Flower

Friday, July 7, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Thank You for Always being Present

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." —Psalm 28:7

July 7, 2009

Dear Jesus:

Here I am in the peace and silence of my sacred garden. I am at peace because Rafi is doing better. The medication is doing its work, to the point that he is attending FIU every day from 12 to 5. He's been exercising. He's been socializing plenty. He's positive and happy. I feel that with your help, he's going to come out victorious. 

Chabeli and Alex are both doing fine, and helping their brother through this process. We've made sure to include bonding time with them. They wanted us to go to our anniversary trip to Turks and Caicos, a trip we had been planning since earlier this year, but we just didn't feel comfortable turning our backs and leaving them alone with Rafi, especially to an island with limited flights. But just the fact that they offered, makes me feel very proud as a mom.

On June 27th, we welcomed a new member to our family. I am honored to have been chosen as his godmother. He is absolutely beautiful. Thank You, Jesus, for allowing him to be born fully healthy, in spite of the fact that he decided to make his grand entrance one month early. Grant him a wonderful life and always protect him.

I joined a Bible class at St. Louis. I'm very happy, and hopeful that this will strengthen my relationship with You.

Thank You for always taking care of my family and for always throwing us a rope when we feel like we are drowning. Thank You for always being present.

I love You, Jesus!!!



July 7, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Thank You, for always walking with me. As I go back and read all my old journals, especially the one I wrote in 2009, I realize that my life has been mixed with happy and hard times. But there has always been a constant, and that has been You. We have climbed many mountains together. We have fallen into many craters together. You have pushed me. You have pulled me. And many times, You have carried me. I would not be here today if it had not been for You. I want to thank You from the bottom of my heart. Thank You for always being present.

Even though life has not been a piece of cake, I want to thank You because the happy times far surpass the hard times. I can look back and smile at all the good memories. I have enjoyed many vacations with my family, from our yearly trips to Siesta Key to places as far as Alaska, Hawaii and Italy. Every memory of each of our shared trips brings a smile to my face and joy within my heart.

All the moments we have shared together as a family, whether good or bad,  have united us, and the bond we have is as strong as a rock.

Thank You, Jesus, for always being a part of our life. Thank You for always being present.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment