Flower

Flower

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Thank You for Being in Control

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” —Isaiah 41:10

July 13, 2015

Dear Jesus:

Today Alex had a very important appointment in Connecticut. We knew that the enemy would place all types of obstacles in his path but You are more powerful than he is. The taxi was late to pick up Alex but he made it on time. Thank You!!!

I was trying to get to mass to pray for him and I also ran into all kinds of trouble to prevent me from getting there. First, I misplaced my phone. I didn't want to leave without it because I didn't want to miss Alex's phone call when he was out. I knew I had to put gas so I was trying to leave the house with plenty of time, but I wasted a few precious minutes searching for the phone. When I finally got to the gas station, the hose would not reach my gas tank. I pulled forward but there was a pickup truck in front of me so I had limited space. Then, the pump got stuck and it would not pour the gas. I could feel myself getting anxious. Finally, the pickup truck left, I pulled forward to the space he had vacated, I put gas and got to the church with five minutes to spare. Thank You, Jesus, for taking the wheel. Thank You for being in control.


During the mass, the readings were about the troubled times of the Hebrews when they were enslaved by the Egyptians. The priest told us that trouble is going to come into our lives but that You are with us. You will help us carry the cross. The main reading was about what happens when we choose to follow You. We will encounter resistance from the world, sometimes even from our own families. Choosing to follow You comes with a price. We have to carry the cross in order to follow You. But You will be with us until the end of times. You will not abandon us. I have no fear because You are in charge. You are in control.

Alex is now in his appointment. Please be with him. Please let him feel You. Please keep him safe.


I love You, Jesus!!!

July 18, 2015

Dear Jesus:

Alex's appointment went very smoothly. Thank You for placing an angel in his path. When the going gets rough, You always find the right angels to help us out. And we are so very thankful.

I love You, Jesus!!!



July 29, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Thank You for always being in control.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment