Flower

Flower

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Lent: Let It Be Your Will And Not Mine

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done." Luke 22:42

Second Week of Lent: March 17, 2011

Dear Jesus:

Three days in a row... Can't complaint. I've been giving You a lot of my time. 

Tonight, we went to have dinner with Rafi, Chabeli and Rafi's friends from Princeton who have been staying at our house for spring break. It's nice to be surrounded by college kids. I love talking to them. I love listening to their opinions.

While we were having dinner, Rafi received an e-mail from Google letting him know that he was moving onto the next stage of the interview process. I'm happy for him but once again, Jesus, I leave this in your hands. If Google is the right company for him, open the doors. If it is not, close them. He has also applied to Microsoft and Facebook. Lead him where he will do the best and be the happiest.

During this Lent, You are teaching me to "let it be your will and not mine." This is helping me to be more relaxed and to have less anxiety.

I love You, Jesus!!!


Second Week of Lent: March 12, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Six years later. Another spring break. This year it's Alex who is here surrounded by friends both from Miami and Connecticut. And I love it. I love to have a full house. Yesterday, he joined us with five friends from UConn and four friends from Belen. Today, he met up with other UConn friends and towards the end of the week, others will be staying at our house. This is officially our last college spring break. I'm relieved and sad at the same time. Relieved because the sleepless nights are coming to an end (or so I hope). Sad because my youngest is becoming an adult too fast.

One thing that I have not been able to overcome in six years is my anxiety. That is why during this Lent, I decided to give up worrying. And honestly, You are helping me to relax. On Friday night (or Saturday morning), Alex got home at 3 am. He sent me a text to let me know that he was home. I didn't even hear it or see it til I woke up at 8 am. Six years ago that would have seemed impossible. So I have come a long way but I still have a long way to go.

Just like Rafi six years ago, Alex is applying for a summer internship. Rafi did not receive an offer from Google but he ended up getting a very productive internship with Microsoft. Alex has only had one interview with Wells Fargo and he did not get an offer. I know that just like You did for his siblings, You will open up the door to the right company. Please, help me to trust You because I know that You have a plan for him. Teach me not to interfere with your plan. Let it be your will and not mine.

And help me to have a worry-free night since Alex is heading to South Beach tonight.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment