Flower

Flower

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Lent: Show me how to be Simon

"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

Second Week of Lent: March 16, 2011

Dear Jesus:

Here I am, once again. Two days in a row, that's quite a record for me, especially at this time of the year. You have been reaching out to me and I have turned my back on You. I'm sorry Jesus.

Please help my heart to soften and to be merciful towards those that are going through a difficult time right now. If it is in my power to extend a hand, help me to be less selfish. They are carrying a cross and just like Simon of Cyrene helped You carry your cross, You are asking me to be Simon for them. I'm sorry for the times that I have refused.

Today I want to share with You that I'm concerned about my hubby. He has been a bit under the weather lately. He has been having a lot of pain on his lower back. Apparently, he has a disk that is degenerated, whatever that means. He went to the doctor and now he has to do therapy three times a week. Please take care of my "viejito." Keep him healthy and with me for many years to come.

Thank You for placing my hubby in my path. And help me to be alert to those in need that You are also placing in my path. Show me how to be Simon for them. Help me not to turn my back on them because by doing so, I'm also turning my back on You.

I love You, Jesus!!!




Second Week of Lent: March 11, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Two days in a row this year too. Thank You for helping me make time for You in the midst of my busy-ness.

First of all I want to thank You for healing my "viejito." After weeks of therapy, massages and adjustments, he has been pain free for a few years now. Please continue to keep him healthy because You know how much I need him. Thank You for crossing our paths almost 37 years ago.

Second, thank You for showing me where You needed me the most. But once in a while, I still refuse to be Simon. I am constantly encountering people in need on my path and sometimes, I just look the other way. Please continue to be patient with me. Don't give up on me. I will try to be more alert to the needs around me. Sometimes those in need are right next to me and I become so blind. Please open my eyes and move my heart with compassion. Help me not to turn my back on them because by doing so, I'm also turning my back on You.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment