Flower

Flower

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Lent: On My Knees

"Pray continually."
     —1 THESSALONIANS 5:17

Week 4: April 4, 2011

Dear Jesus:

Rafi, Rafi, Rafi!!!

He's in Seattle for his Microsoft interview. He left without money, with an overdrawn bank account, and without pants. He just took his suit and a pair of jeans for a business dinner and an interview. What am I going to do with this boy of mine, Jesus? Is he ever going to get his act together?

He landed fine. He took a taxi but didn't have enough cash to pay for it. His credit card was not working so he calls me so I could give him my credit card number. Then he calls me from the hotel because he also needs a credit card for incidentals. Luckily, I had an extra debit card for his bank account so at the wee hours of the night, I rushed to the bank to deposit cash into his checking account.

While I was doing this, Rafael was on the phone with him going over his wardrobe. He had planned to go to the business dinner in JEANS. So much for all the money we spent in etiquette classes when he was younger. Rafael told him to wear the suit pants, and to be extra careful not to stain them because he will need them tomorrow for the interview. At least he took more than one shirt.

He's off to the dinner now. Thank You for helping us resolve another crisis. I feel that this Lent has been weaved together by a series of crisis but You always guide me to make the right decisions. Please Jesus, guide Rafi also in making the right decision for his future. He has an offer already on the table from Bloomberg in New York. He also made it to the next round of interviews with Google. And tomorrow he has the official interview with Microsoft. Please guide him towards the company that will be the best fit for him.

Jesus, I know that You have your hands full, but please, take care and protect this boy that we both love, and who always keeps us on our toes.

I love You, Jesus!!!



Week 4: March 26, 2017

Dear Jesus:

I had to laugh when I went back and read about Rafi's trip to Seattle. I had forgotten about that "little" incident. He has really kept us on our toes through the years. He still does but he has come a long way. Thank You for always guiding him towards making the right decisions. Thank You for always guiding Chabeli and Alex too. I used to worry so much about their future. If only I had trusted You more and worried less, I would have been able to rest in your peace. I would have avoided so many sleepless nights. I need to remember this when I worry about Alex's future. He also keeps me on my toes. But I trust that You also have a great plan for him, and He will end up exactly where You want him to be.

Today, as we celebrate this 4th Sunday of Lent, I promise to spend less time on my toes and more time on my knees.

I love You, Jesus!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment