Flower

Flower

Friday, March 10, 2017

Letters to Heaven during Lent: Thank You, Jesus

What most attracts God’s grace is gratitude, because if we thank him for a gift, he is touched and hastens to give us ten more. And if we thank him again with the same enthusiasm, what an incalculable multiplication of graces! I have experienced this; try it yourself and you will see! My gratitude for everything he gives me is limitless, and I prove it to him in a thousand ways.
                                                                       St. Thérèse of Lisieux 

Second Week of Lent: March 10, 2009

Dear Jesus:

I have been doing this journey to Easter and I have been sharing it with my friends and sisters in Christ. Today, I was having second thoughts. Why am I doing this? Is this really helping anyone? Most women are not sharing on the website so I'm not getting feedback if they are benefiting at all from this journey. But today, when I got home, I had a "Thank You" card in the mailbox from my friend Lourdes. In the card, she wrote: "Just a small note to thank you for taking the time to do the Easter journey. Your daily words are inspirational... You are doing a great job. May God continue to bless you as you spread His word." This was a confirmation that I'm on the right path.

Personally, the journey is very rewarding. I feel that my preparation during this Lent is deeper than it has been in the past. The walks with You and my hubby in the mornings are also helping me tremendously. We talk about the daily readings and the bouncing back and forth of ideas is great. I can feel your presence with us every day. This is being reflected in our relationship.

Thank You, Jesus, for walking this journey with us.

I love You Jesus!!!



Second Week of Lent: March 10, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Those Easter journeys were truly amazing. You were really walking with me because You knew that my world was about to be turned upside down. If I had not been as close to You as I was, I would not have survived the earthquake that was about to hit our family.

Today, I can look at life from a different prism. And as I walk on a new Easter journey, I feel closer to You than I've ever been. Thank You for giving your life for us. Thank You for enduring the cross for us. Thank You for loving us so much that You carried all our sins in order to save us. Thank You for never giving up on us.

I love You, Jesus!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment