Flower

Flower

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Letters to Heaven: The Assumption into Our Hearts

“Today the liturgy invites us to contemplate Mary, taken up body and soul into heaven. By a special privilege, she was enriched by divine grace from the moment of her conception, and Christ, who ascended to the right hand of the Father, opened the doors of his kingdom to her, first among human creatures. Now from heaven, where the Queen of the angels and saints is crowned, the Mother of God and of the Church is close to the Christian people before whom she shines as the “new and immaculate woman (who) mediated for the guilt of the first woman.”  – Pope St. John Paul II 

August 15, 2012

Dear Mama Mary:

Today is your feast day, "The Assumption." I am sorry that I did not go to mass today to celebrate with You. I am enjoying a short vacation with my family in Siesta Key.

I liked Father Vallee's homily for today's mass. I receive his homilies by email. He said that on this day what we celebrate is not so much your assumption into heaven but your assumption into our hearts because the Kingdom of God is found within our hearts. That is so beautiful and so true. You and Your Son don't live in a remote, far away place, You live within our hearts.

Thank You for interceding so that Rafi, Emily and Chris could find the perfect apartment in San Francisco. You truly never cease to amaze me. Rafi sent me a text message last Friday telling me that they where nowhere near finding an apartment. The first one they liked was over a bar so that was a deal breaker. The second one was so popular that over 20 groups of people were interested. They submitted their application but they did not know if they would get it. I told him that I would pray harder for the right apartment to become available. I grabbed my rosary and as I drove, I prayed to You for your intercession. I was concerned because they only had two more days to check out apartments before they returned home. I shared all my worries with You, You took them to your Son, and He answered my prayer before I finished the rosary. As I was praying the last mystery, Rafi texted me to say that they had just received the announcement that they were the chosen group for the popular apartment. Thank You Mama Mary because the apartment is perfect. It's in a very nice residential neighborhood. One of the rules of the building is that they don't allow big parties or lots of noise, so it's a quiet and peaceful building. The apartment is spacious and very pretty from what I have seen in pictures. It has three bedrooms, three baths, wood floors, lots of windows and a very nice view from its fourth floor location. And the apartment was well under their budget. I am super happy for them. Even though Rafi will be far away, I have no doubt that You, Your Son and all the Angels will protect him as he starts this new chapter in his life.

Mama Mary, thank You for living in my heart and for always looking out for my kids.

I love You, Mama Mary!!!



August 15, 2017

Dear Mama Mary:

Happy Feast Day of the Assumption. Today, I will try very hard to squeeze mass in my day. No excuses.

The two and a half years that Rafi, Emily and Chris lived as roommates in that San Francisco apartment were amazing. It was truly the perfect apartment for them. I used to say that they were like the TV program "Three's Company." They all got along well, the building was in a great location and the size of the apartment was just right for the three of them. Thank You for your timely intercession so they were able to obtain it. And Thank You for always being by Rafi's side through every stage of his life.

Thank You, Mama Mary, for continuing to live in my heart. Thank You because You continue to look out for my kids all the time. Thank You for living in their hearts.

I love You, Mama Mary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment