Flower

Flower

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Letters to Heaven: I love Your Sense of Humor

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." — St. Thomas Aquinas

July 17, 2010

Dear Jesus:

I need to apologize because for two weeks we have not gone to mass. You always have time for us, yet we only have time for You when we need You or when we don't have something better to do. The first Sunday, July 4th, we didn't go because we were at the beach and we had company all day long. Yet that's no excuse. We could have gone on Saturday. The second Sunday we did not go because we put other things ahead of You. The beach was too good to pass in the morning and in the afternoon, Spain was playing soccer for the World Cup. Shame on us. We had Rafi here for two Sundays and instead of taking him to mass with us, which is really the only time he goes to mass, we showed him that going to mass is not a priority.

I'm sorry Jesus. I feel bad that I have not spent enough time with You. I do love You and I need You in my life. I am very blessed that You are always a part of my life. I am grateful for all the blessings that You shower upon me every day.


I also love your sense of humor. The things that You do to catch my attention are simply amazing. Yesterday was a perfect example. I was in a hurry because I needed to get to the office as soon as possible. I guess You wanted me to slow down, so what did You do? You locked me out of my car... very funny. My car is not supposed to lock when the keys are inside, yet it did. But You also provided the help. The firemen were conveniently nearby. And in the midst of it all, You opened up the skies and sent me a heavy downpour so that I realized what is truly important. I had just done my hair at the beauty salon. Definitely, my hair is not that important. Once I realized that, You showed me how merciful You truly are. Somehow, You managed to soak me completely from neck to toes, yet my hair remained completely dry. Wow. You never cease to amaze me. You truly are an awesome God.

I love You, Jesus!!!



August 9, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Last week, I was on my way home from Home Depot. I was in a hurry because I had a lot to do at home and just a few hours to do it all. As I drove by St. Louis, I felt like You were asking me to go to the Blessed Sacrament. I fought You because I had already had my prayer group in the morning, but I have learned to obey your voice. I took a detour and headed to St. Louis, while telling You, "just ten minutes, Jesus, that's all I have."

I entered the Blessed Sacrament, I knelt in front of You, and we had a good ten minute conversation. Just as I was ready to leave, I heard the rain start pounding on the roof. "This is not funny, Jesus," I thought. "Now, how am I going to get out of here?" I had an umbrella, but it sounded like it was raining pretty heavy. I decided to give You five more minutes. I sat patiently in the chair, while praying to You to please stop the rain.

After five minutes, I left. It was pouring outside and windy too. "What do You want, Jesus? You know I need to get home." I waited a few minutes to see if the rain subsided. I checked my weather App and when I saw that it was going to be raining for at least another 35 minutes, I decided to leave. And just then, here comes Father Kish. I had not seen him in a while. Since he retired five years ago, he only helps at St. Louis occasionally. I asked him if he was leaving, and he said "yes." He didn't have an umbrella so I offered to walk him to his car. He said not to worry, that he had a jacket. But it was raining so hard and he was carrying all these papers, I knew he would get soaked. I told him, "I'm leaving now and it's no trouble at all." As a matter of fact, I was parked right next to him. I walked him to his car, I asked him how he was doing and where he was living now, he thanked me and we both went our separate ways. Now I know why You needed me to go to St. Louis. And I'm so glad that I obeyed You.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment