Flower

Flower

Friday, August 18, 2017

Letters to Heaven: A Sheaf of Trust

"When you enter the land that I am giving you and you reap its harvest, you shall bring the sheaf of the first fruits of your harvest to the priest." Lev 23:10

August 18, 2010

Dear Jesus:

I have all three chicks here with me in Siesta Key. I'm a happy hen. Recently, Dr. Strassberg told me: "You are only as happy as your least happiest child." What a profound truth. I guess that is why I feel so happy and content this summer. It must be because all my children are happy and content. Thank You, Jesus.

All three have been working all summer. I'm glad that we were able to squeeze in these five days in Siesta Key before classes resume. Rafe and I are planning to go to England in October. Chabeli will be doing a semester abroad over there so we are going to visit her and also take the opportunity to visit a few places that we have never been to. It's going to be strange to travel by ourselves. It will be a prelude into our future, sort of like a second honeymoon. Since the kids were born, we have not gone anywhere by ourselves for such a long time. I am looking forward to it.

I pray to You that everything goes well while we are gone. I'm a little nervous that we are going to be so far away from Rafi and Alex, but Rafi has been doing fine health wise. I trust that You will continue to take good care of him like You have been doing since he returned to Princeton. Alex will be staying with my parents. And I also pray to You that everything goes smoothly for Chabeli during the three months that she will spend on the other side of the world. Please, Jesus, protect them all. I entrust them to You with a sheaf of trust.


I love You, Jesus!!!

August 27, 2010

Dear Jesus:

This month just flew. Our five days in Siesta Key were simply wonderful. That is definitely "our place." It's where we can truly "get away" and disconnect from everything. When we are there, we can really spend quality time with the kids. We had five amazing days of peace and tranquility. Thank You for giving us such good weather and for the beautiful double rainbow. The sea was great, the apartment was awesome, and all the restaurants we visited had great food. And of course, our favorite ice cream from Kilwins was part of the menu. We played monopoly or rummy cube almost every night. We just had an awe-inspiring time. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end so last Sunday we had to come back. Thank You for keeping us safe in this short trip.

Alex is already back at school. He likes all his teachers thus far and he has plenty of friends in all his classes. Right now, he's still at school and it's 7 pm. He stayed for a football game. He's enjoying his high school years in full force.

Chabeli is getting ready for her three-month trip. We took a day off from Siesta Key, and the two of us drove to an outlet mall in Tampa. We did some serious shopping. This weekend, we are going to start packing. She also got her room assignment. Thank You, Jesus, for placing your hand in this and making things happen in her favor. She is rooming with Alex, Nick's twin sister, and Nick and Mickey are right next door. They got a house which they will share with four others. It's all coming together fast. Please, Jesus, keep her safe.


Rafi is doing great. He is more focused than we have ever seen him. For the first time, we feel that he has solid goals. He is truly happy with his decision to study "Computer Science." Even though he didn't enjoy every part of his internship, he did enjoy the programming portions of it. He would really like to find an internship next summer at "Pixar." If it will be in his best interest, Jesus lead him in that direction. If it's not, then move him towards a different path. I trust You completely. After all, You have been in total control since the beginning. Even during his illness, I have seen your hand every step of the way.

Thank You, Jesus for a happy and peaceful summer.

I love You, Jesus!!!


August 18, 2017

Thank You, Jesus, for always leading my kids in the right direction. When I read my letters to You, and I see how much time I wasted worrying, I realize that I need to worry less and trust You more. When I start thinking about Alex, and worrying whether he will find a good job upon graduation, all I need to do is look at how good things turned out for his siblings because I allowed You to take charge. Therefore, I leave him fully in your hands. You know which company and which city will be the best fit for him.

The other day in mass, the first reading was from Leviticus, and it talked about trust. The priest said that the sheaf of the first fruits of the harvest was quite valuable. Therefore, in order to give it away required a lot of trust.

I want to show You, Jesus, how much I trust You, by giving You the sheaf of my harvest. My children are my most valuable harvest. I am handing them to You and placing my full trust that You will lead them down the path that You have already prepared for them. I turn them over to You with a sheaf of trust.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment