Flower

Flower

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Sharing "Living-Room" Intimacy with You

"Bring me the sacrifice of your time, a most precious commodity. In this action-addicted world, few of My children take time to sit quietly in My Presence. But for those who do, blessings flow like streams of living water." Sarah Young In Jesus Calling-Aug 2nd Meditation

August 20, 2007

Dear Jesus:

I have separated this quiet time to be with You. Eventually, I would like to get in the habit of spending one hour of quiet time with You, but for now, I will start with half an hour.

I have been reading the book "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" and it has made me realize how much of a Martha I am but how my heart yearns to be a Mary. For this half hour each morning, I pledge to be a Mary. Sometimes, it will be in my office in front of the computer while I read a meditation. Other times, it will be where I am now, in the living room, sharing "living-room" intimacy with You.

I tend to be like Martha because I have so many responsibilities and I have a hard time saying "no" so I get involved in everything. I feel like I have a bunch of hula hoops around my waist and I'm trying to balance them all at the same time. If any of them fall to the ground, I will have failed. I have been trying to keep in motion too many hula hoops: wife, mother, accountant, daughter, Emmaus sister, chauffeur, delegate parent... It's very tiring.


The only way that I can find the rhythm to keep all those hoops in motion at the same time is with You at the center, Jesus. You can help me find the rhythm. Jesus, You can be my center.

I love You, Jesus!!!



August 20, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Here I am spending some quiet time with You. I'm not in my living room, though. I'm sitting in the balcony of my beach bungalow. It's raining. I love rainy days, especially if I don't have to go outside. On this morning, I already went out once to take Penny for a walk. The beach was deserted. There was beauty and peace all around me.

Even though I do not have a specific time set aside for You, I do try to make the time to spend a few quiet minutes with You. Sometimes is in the mornings. Sometimes is at night. And sometimes is in the middle of the day. Sometimes is in my living room. Sometimes is in the Blessed Sacrament. Sometimes is at the beach. And sometimes, like today, is in the balcony. This quiet time with You is precious and sacred. Sometimes I pray. Sometimes I write to You. And sometimes I retreat into the "Sacred Garden" of my soul and I listen to your voice.

Thank You for being my center, Jesus!!! I love sitting at your feet while You pour your love on me.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment