Flower

Flower

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Do not Wish it Away

"Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.” —John16:22

September 27, 2009

Dear Jesus:

I'm sitting here with You in your Sacred Garden. It's very early on this Sunday morning and everyone is sleeping. Even the dog is snoring next to me.

As I sit here with You, I want to ask You Jesus to please heal my son Rafi. Jesus, maybe I'm being selfish but I want You to heal him completely. I know that everyone says that this illness is for life but they don't know what they are talking about. Those that say that don't know You. They don't know what You are capable of. You cured him once already, from the encephalitis. You can cure him again.

I know that this illness is treatable with medication. I am very grateful that his doctor seems to have found the right medication. I am very thankful that Rafi is doing so much better. Please, don't think that I'm so selfish that I don't recognize that. I do. I am happy. I am at peace. I am filled with gratitude for everything that has been accomplished. However, I still want more, and I apologize if You think that I'm very ungrateful. I want my healthy Rafi back. I know that You are bigger than all the doctors. I know that if You place your hands on Rafi, You will heal him.

I understand that he probably has to go through this to find his purpose, his way, and the road back to You. I know that in going through this, he will find meaning for his life, and he will become a much better person: stronger, wiser, more loving and caring. I know that You are refining him, that is why You had to put him in the fire.

I don't know how much longer You will need to put him back on the fire. I hope that You are done with him. I pray that he's fully baked. Once You are finished with him, when You feel that You don't need to put him inside the oven again, please heal him completely, so he can be a better Rafi, a stronger Rafi, and a healthier Rafi.

Jesus, sorry if you feel I'm ungrateful for wanting full health for my boy.

I love You, Jesus!!!


October 1, 2009

Dear Jesus:

I want to start by apologizing to You. Last week, I was very selfish and ungrateful. I wanted it all. I wanted Rafi's total healing without medication. You sent me two messages, one through Elyna and one through Romi, my two long time friends. Elyna told me to tell Rafi not to "wish it away." That's what I was doing. I was "wishing it away." He needs to learn to live with this illness, even if it means that he has to take the medication for life. Romi then reinforced your message by telling me that taking medication is not a bad thing. She told me, "If it's meant to help, take the pill. Why suffer if there is a pill that can help? Why withstand pain if there is something out there to alleviate it?" The important thing is to be able to lead a normal life, and if he needs medication to help him, then thank You, Jesus, for the pill. I promise never again to wish his illness away.

I love You, Jesus!!!


September 27, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Today Rafi will be sharing his story with his coworkers. I am so proud of him. He has embraced his illness beyond my wildest imagination. I was the one that struggled with it and begged You to heal him. Rafi accepted it without ever questioning You. He never wished away his illness. He has always accepted his cross with pride and dignity. And I know, that he will help so many people by sharing his testimony.

We each have a cross to carry. We need to learn to live with our cross and embrace it, just like You did on your way to Calvary. We will enter heaven through our cross. It will be the ladder and the key into heaven. That is why we should never wish away our cross. We should offer it for someone that  has a heavier cross than ours.

Please, Jesus, be with Rafi today. Carry him and embrace him. He's very nervous, and so am I. But I trust You fully and completely. I have no doubt that the reason why You kept him in the oven for so long is because all along, You had a plan. He is fully baked. It's time to open the oven and share your beautiful creation with the world. May your will be done.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment