Flower

Flower

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Letters to Heaven: Riding the Merry-Go-Round

"When you feel flustered and frazzled on the outside, do not get upset with yourself. You are only human, and the swirl of events going on all around you will sometimes feel overwhelming. Rather than scolding yourself for your humanness, remind yourself that I am both with you and within you. Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in My Presence. Then you will be able to hear Me bestowing the resurrection blessing: Peace be with you." Sarah Young in Jesus Calling, July 31

September 6, 2014

Dear Jesus:


My father had surgery yesterday. He needed more skin grafts on his head. He had the first set done back in June, but unfortunately, only twenty percent were successful. This time around, the surgeon decided to remove those skin grafts and start from scratch. He felt that there would be a better chance for the new skin grafts to adhere if the old ones were not there. In other words, we are back to square one. Jesus, please help the grafts to grab on and stay this time around. Please, please, place your blessed hands over my dad's head, and heal him so he doesn't have to go through this again.

I'm worried because the first time around, it was very painful for him. He had pain in his leg, in the area where they removed the skin, for a very long time. Please, Jesus, have mercy on him, and let things be less painful this time around. It's been a long and painful summer for him, and for my mom. They had to go to the doctor daily for the cures. Eventually, my mom learned how to do the cures herself so the visits diminished. Every two weeks, they had to go to the plastic surgeon that performed the surgery. He told her that she had to cure him three times a day as opposed to once a day like she was doing. Now, they have to start the merry-go-round all over again.


Please, Jesus, surround him with your angels. Keep him comfortable. Don't let him suffer. St. Rafael, please intercede for my dad. You are the archangel of healing and medicine, please heal him if that is God's will. Don't allow any cancer cells to spread to any other part of his body. Please, cleanse him and heal him.

I beg You, Jesus, to please keep him comfortable, and keep him pain free. When he's ready, take him home without pain. Call him home before life here on earth gets to be too difficult for him. And please, prepare my mom for that day.

I love You, Jesus!!!



September 6, 2017

Dear Jesus:

Yesterday, I went with mom to the cemetery. It's been fifteen months since You took my dad home. Thank You for not prolonging his life here on earth when the cancer spread to his stomach. Thank You for preparing my mom for the moment when she had to say good-bye.

In three days, they would have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. I know they are celebrating regardless, it's just that they won't be together. My dad is in heaven with You, and my mom is still here on earth with us. That is the main reason why she wanted to pass by the cemetery this week. She misses him so much. Please, give her strength to keep walking without him.

After the cemetery, we went to the chapel of Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church. It's a beautiful church where I felt your Mother's presence. I loved the Stations of the Cross. On every station, there are two images of your Mother with the different titles that she is honored with in different countries. I took some pictures which I'm sharing here:


I prayed to your Mama Mary to intercede with You so You can deliver us from this horrible storm that is headed our way. Please, Jesus, if it is Your will, have mercy on us and everyone that is on the path of Irma. Please, push the storm into the Atlantic, away from all the islands, and away from our country. Keep us safe, and calm the storm.

I know that in this life, we are always riding on a merry-go-round. If it's not a storm, it's an illness, or some other issue. It alway seems like we are going around and around. Please, have mercy on us so that we can get off the merry-go-round once in a while.

I love You, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment