Flower

Flower

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Letters to Heaven: A Ray of Hope

"I did not design the human mind to figure out the future. That is beyond your capability. I crafted your mind for continual communication with Me. Bring Me all your needs, your hopes and fears. Commit everything into My care. Turn from the path of planning to the path of Peace." 
Sarah Young in Jesus Calling

September 14, 2009

Dear Mama Mary:

I just finished praying the rosary. I offered it for all those that are suffering from the same illness that has afflicted Rafi during the past five months, and for their families. Please Mama Mary, give us hope.

Hope is the last thing we lose. As long as there is light, there is hope. There is this small ray of light that I see far away, amongst all this darkness. It's this light that has been keeping my hope alive.

This past month has been the smoothest in our journey. Rafi has been doing really well. He has not had any major symptoms. There have been some small peaks, but I must rejoice with the fact that he has been pretty stable for almost an entire month. I am very hopeful.

I have hope that we will beat this. I have hope that our life will return to normal. I have hope that one day there will be a cure for this illness, and all the darkness will cease to exist.


Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears! Turn, then, O most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

O Holy Mother of God, please shower us with your mercy. As we walk through this valley of tears, please hold our hands. I know that at the end of this journey, You will be waiting for us to embrace us, and to lead us to Your Son. Please pray for us that we may not fall into temptation, and deviate from the path that leads us to Him.

I love You, Mama Mary!!! Please pray for Rafi and for all those that suffer from this terrible illness. 



September 14, 2017

Dear Mama Mary:

I have prayed many rosaries the past few days. This time, my rosaries have been offered for all those that have been affected by Hurricane Irma. I was blessed in many ways. We had the opportunity to leave on an unexpected family vacation to Crystal River, Savannah and Columbia. This meant that I had to postpone other travel plans, but I have learned to trust your Son. If He doesn't want me to travel overseas at this time, He must have His reasons, and I won't question the why. I'm an expert in canceling trips, since I've had to cancel or postpone many travel plans in the past thirty years. I'll be honest with You, Mama Mary, I detest doing it. It's getting to the point that I dread planning a trip because I always feel that in the end, we won't be able to go. Oh well, it is what it is. No use complaining about it. I'm just thankful that we are safe.

I continue to pray to You and Your Son for all those that have lost a loved one in the storm. Also for those that have lost their homes, and don't have anywhere to go. Please, Mama Mary, give them your hope and your love at this time of need.

Mama Mary, I want to thank You also for the rays of hope that You kept sending us when Rafi got sick. I want to thank You because You showered us with your mercy. You held our hands, and You embraced us, every step of the way. I want to thank You because our lives returned to normal, a new normal, but normal nonetheless. I want to thank You for the medication that allows Rafi to lead a normal life.

Please, Mama Mary, extend this same hope to all those that are dealing with this horrible illness, and that have not found the right treatment to be able to lead a normal life.

I love You, Mama Mary!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment