Flower

Flower

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Letters to Heaven: You Are Present in the Interruptions

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” —Matthew 6:34

September 30, 2013

Dear Jesus:

This past weekend we went up to UConn for family weekend. Chabeli came with us. After one month without Alex, we were all dying to see him. It was an awesome weekend. Even though I signed up for all the events, we only made it to the Saturday brunch. The rest of the time, we did things on our own. The main purpose of our trip was to spend time with Alex, and that's what we did.

We had a delicious dinner on Saturday night at a little restaurant near the university called Altnaveigh Inn. The food was spectacular. It reminded me of The Peacock Inn in Princeton and a little French restaurant that we loved when we visited Crested Butte. It was simply fabulous.

Earlier this month, I also went to Orlando with my Belen Emmaus sisters for a "Women of Faith" conference. I have to share with You that I have mixed feelings about the conference. On one hand, I enjoyed the talks tremendously. I was also blown away by the number of women that were present, all from different backgrounds and religious denominations. It was a sight for sore eyes to see everyone praising You together. I felt the joy all around me. However, what I did not like was the fact that the conference was auditorium style. We did not have any opportunities for personal reflection. Also, the place was too dark for journaling. And another thing that I disliked was that they were constantly trying to sell items. I felt like if I was at a sports event instead of a religious conference.

I probably won't go back. I prefer the silent retreats or Emmaus. Next year, if I don't have the opportunity to attend a silent retreat, maybe I'll try a "Life in the Spirit" retreat at my parish. Wherever You lead me, Jesus. You are in control. I am thankful for the opportunity to attend the conference this year, and to witness that there are a lot of people that are still following You.

My favorite talk was given by Mark Lowry, author of the song "Mary did you know?" which is one of my favorite songs. He gave the first talk which set the mood for the weekend. I was very impressed when he spoke about Your Mother, and he shared his profound love for her. The last person that I expected would be mentioned in this conference was Your Mom. Therefore, to kick off the conference hearing about her, and to listen to the song, was awesome. He said something very interesting. The only one that knew without a doubt that You were the Son of God at the moment of your crucifixion was Mama Mary. He said that if You had not been God's Son, Mary, just like any normal mother, would have started screaming, "Forgive Him. He's crazy. He says those things because He's not well in His mind. Of course He's not God's Son. He's my Son, mine and Joseph's." But Mama Mary was quiet at the time of your crucifixion because Mama Mary knew that she was a virgin when You were conceived and she received the angel's visit. She was the only one that knew these things. There were no witnesses. He blew me away, especially because he is not Catholic. I was very happy to see that not all Christians deny Mama Mary. Mr. Lowry also said that You are present in the interruptions but rarely in my plans. How true those words are. It reminded me of my grandma telling me: "El hombre propone y Dios dispone." (Man proposes but God decides). How many times have I made plans only to see them evaporate because You have something else in mind. So Jesus, You are in control, of my life and of my plans.


Another great speaker was Sheila Walsh. She encouraged us not to simply exist but to live. I try to do this everyday. That is why I'm always so very busy. She wrote a book, "God loves broken people." I considered buying it, but in the end, I bought the one from Max Lucado, my second favorite speaker. I'm looking forward to reading his book, "You'll get through this."

This month we also started a study about angels in Bible class. I'm amazed by your spiritual world. I hope that one day, You give me the gift to be able to see into your spiritual realm, but even if it never happens, I know that it exists. Thank You for giving us your angels to protect us, to bring us your messages, and to guide us to You.

I love You, Jesus!!!



September 30, 2017

Dear Jesus:

My friend Anna gave me a little angel to keep me company during our trip. I have had many angel encounters, and most of them have taken place during trips. I will keep my eyes and my ears open during this trip to the angels that You will place on our path.

I know that You are very much present in the interruptions. You know how much I like to plan ahead because I'm a bit compulsive. And You know how much I detest when You alter my plans. This trip was already interrupted once, thanks to hurricane Irma. I guess You wanted us to depart on the feast of the Archangels instead. They will keep us company throughout our trip.

I have released my plans to You, so please, guide us wherever You want us to go. I don't even have trains reserved between the cities. On my original plan, those were booked way in advance. This time, I'll let You decide the day, the time, and the mode of transportation. But if possible, please don't send us any more interruptions. Allow your Mama Mary to walk with us on our journey, and send us angels to lead us and to guide us.

Thank You for protecting us on the first leg of our trip. I am here at the Paris airport, waiting to board our second flight which will take us to Budapest. Please, keep us safe. And continue to protect our family and friends back home.
I love You, Jesus!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment